Since I don't have my own classroom yet, I always use my student teaching experience as reference. I am ashamed to say, but I did not use any online communication tools during my student teaching! Honestly, the thought never crossed my mind! No other elementary classroom teacher, that I was aware of, used online communication tools either. I wasn't even aware that elementary students had email access. In my 3rd grade classroom, the students only used the computers for Accelerated Reader, and some research on topics I was teaching. Only a few of my students requested to do that! Once a week, the elementary students went to a computer lab where they were taught by their "specials" teacher, during our planning time. Technology is very limited at the school I student taught at. As a matter of fact, I went online to access their AUP agreement for this week, and realized their handbook was not even posted online! So, I found a hard copy from last year. In this handbook there is no mention of an AUP agreement. At the beginning of the year, parents sign release forms for their students to be photographed, videotaped, and the right to email. I could not find any AUP agreements like the ones we all had posted this week!
I am very thankful for this class! I have really learned a lot when it comes to technology. Technology was a weakness for me when I started back to school for undergraduate. Mostly, because I had not been exposed to using technology a lot in the classroom. At the end of my student teaching, I felt like I had changed that weakness into a strength. For the most part, I have. During my student teaching, I actually taught my cooperating teacher a few things about technology. Fortunately, this class has helped me to think outside of the box. There are so many more ways I could be using technology in the classroom! I am continuing to turn this weakness into a strength!
No comments:
Post a Comment