On September 1st, I will start my new position through AmeriCorps at a local elementary school. I will be pulling 4th graders out to help pull up their reading scores. For this week's assignment, we were to evaluate software we have used, seen used, or will use in our classroom. I decided to search for educational software that I can use in my upcoming position. After searching several sites, I found one I thought to be age appropriate, cost friendly, and one that would fit my educational goals for my students.
This software is The ClueFinders Reading Adventure for ages 9-12. It is a 2 CD ROM set to help 3rd - 5th graders with their reading comprehension, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills. In this software, students are to save a dying planet by uncovering the planet's secrets and collect useful clues to unlock the mystery. This software looks like it would be very appealing to my 4th graders. This software uses the A.D.A.P.T learning technology where they believe each child learns at a different pace and has a unique set of abilities. This software constantly monitors the student's abilities, adjusts difficulty levels, provides help and tracks progress. This software only cost $14.95. I have not seen this software used, but if it does all it says it does it will be well worth the $14.95. I viewed other educational software, but they were more expensive. I will only be working with a small group or one on one. I believe this software will be sufficient for the educational goals I will have for my students this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment