This week we read about word processors and Desk Top Publishing. I do not have my own classroom yet, but when I do I will use word processor and DTP often. I plan to use word processor to enhance my instruction. I also plan to make my own documents, so I will need my word processor to create, store and revise these documents as needed. These documents will include infraction cards, responsibility cards, contact logs, etc... I will use DTP to make flyers, newsletters, and brochures to send home to parents.
My students will help with the newsletters, brochures and flyers so they too will be using DTP. I also will have my students to use word processor to type reports, portfolio pieces as needed, etc... I will allow my students to use word processor as a way to revise their work, and to work on their spelling. I had forgotten this technique until seeing it again in my reading this week. My cooperating teacher and I also used word processor to accommodate students needing multiple choice spelling test.
Since I don't have a classroom of my own right now, I made a newsletter that I would send to my students before the start of school. To make these flyers and newsletters we send out appealing, I believe we should use graphics, different font and color text. However, you need to be careful not to over due it. Too many graphics, font and text changing could make it look unprofessional! I will try to upload my newsletter to share with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment